Friday, March 23, 2007

Fall Semester Tribulations




I painted these three pieces last semester in a search for some transcendental truth about art and how I believe my art should portray itself. They all seem to have a central source of light that I wanted to pull the viewer into the painting. However, it seemed fruitless as I had several problems with form, light, and direction of the content. The piece on the far right is unresolved, and remains to be so as I could never come to a clear breakthrough in this painting's "truth". Also, all three paintings are large, hovering around the range of 3-5 feet in length, and 2-3 feet in heighth. These paintings took too long to do, and did not produce the end result I felt justified my original ideas for soul-searching through art. Therefore, I moved to smaller and more efficient-sized paintings that seem to have proved their worth in my search through art.

No comments: